choking

‘My daughter died laughing.’: Woman’s 14-year-old daughter dies from helium inhalation, now raises awareness about ‘the hidden dangers of helium’

“Ashley was extra bubbly that morning. She said goodbye, we told her we loved her. Her stepfather said, ‘Be careful. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.’ She was off to her friend’s house for a birthday slumber party. Everything was fine, until our phone rang. It was a police officer. ‘Is Ashley your daughter? Meet us at the hospital.’ This would be the beginning of a tragic night full of mistakes made by both adults and minors.”

‘As my daughter was giggling, bursting with love in the next room, I was learning she wouldn’t be growing up at all.’ Mom’s 18-month-old daughter diagnosed with ‘Childhood Alzheimer’s’

“The phone rang. I grabbed a notepad, a pen, took a deep breath. How do you prepare yourself to answer a call with the results of whether your 18-month-old daughter is going to die? My mind shut off. All the air left the room. ‘Very serious, no cure yet, not sure, lots of research.'”

‘I didn’t think twice about giving my 3-year-old popcorn. She was happily sitting when she began to cough and choke. Soon, she was wheezing. I knew this wasn’t normal. I should’ve trusted my gut.’

“I should’ve called an ambulance. I didn’t realize the seriousness of it. A few days went on and she had a terrible wheeze and was struggling to breathe. She couldn’t run, swim, or play. The doctor was frustrated with me and assured me if it was the popcorn, it wouldn’t be dangerous. Ignored my instincts.”

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter:

Queries: 101 Timer: 0.13918

Cache Hits: 4061 Cache Misses: 503